House Removals Kent
Moving home in Kent – moving is often considered one of life’s most stressful ventures, but you can alleviate a lot of the pressure by choosing the right home removals service. We are undertaking house removals every day! That’s why we believe Reliable Removals & Storage Ltd is the right choice for you.
Our house removals team, based in Gillingham, Kent, provide a personal, flexible and quality home moving service across Kent including Chatham, Gillingham, Gravesend, Maidstone, Medway, Rochester, Sittingbourne & Swale. With everything from an easy quotation system beforehand to a courtesy call before the big day, we make sure you know exactly what’s coming and when.
Our pledge to you: you will receive a personal service, your possessions will be handled with love and, if you find a better price, we’ll match it!
Our House Removals Kent Service Coverage:
Our house removals Kent service covers:
New Ash Green
Our house removals & Medway removals service covers:
Our Swale removals service covers:
STEP 1: CALL US
We’ll be able to confirm a date for your FREE survey there and then
STEP 2: THE HOME VISIT
One of our surveyors will come and visit you for a free, no-obligation consolation. We’ll get back to you with a conformation of price the very next day.
STEP 3: DATE IN THE DAIRY
You accept our quote because we are reliable, reasonable and you love us. Then we book your home move date in the diary.
STEP 4: OPTIONAL EXTRAS
If you’ve paid for any optional extras, such as boxes or our wrapping and packaging serious, we’ll be around before moving day to deliver these to you and get everything packed up.
STEP 5: THE LOAD-UP
After meeting your home removals team your Crew Leader will check everything is in order. We’ll then clear gangways, protect flooring & dismantle where necessary. We’ll carefully load up your entire household content into our removal vehicles.
STEP 6: THE UNLOAD
We’ll head straight to your new property, ready to take action as soon as we get to your new home. Then we’ll unload and place your possessions just where you want them.
STEP 7: ENJOY YOUR HOME
Unlike some, Reliable Removals won’t leave your home looking like a tip! You can trust us to leave everything organised. Our move managers will confirm you’re happy that everything has arrived safe and sound. Then we will leave you to enjoy your new home.
House Removals in Kent FAQs:
Is it Possible to Move House on Weekends and Bank Holidays?
We are happy to do house removals any day of the week, even bank holidays. However, it should be noted prices may vary on certain days to account for the extra cost of removals crew.
How Much Notice is Required For a House Removal?
It is always best if you can give as much notice as possible. On average, Reliable Removals and Storage vehicles are booked at least 7-14 days before the day they are required for house removals, this gives us time to prepare to ensure your move goes smoothly.
Cancellation charges can apply so please do not book your house removals until your sale is confirmed and your move is certain.
How Do I Know What Size of Removals Vehicle I Will Need?
The size of the removals vehicle is decided by us, we will always designate the perfect removals vehicle to suit your requirements so you don’t have to worry. To ensure your vehicle is the correct size we do a home survey of your home; taking into account quantity, size, and height of your items, so we have the appropriate van needed to transfer them safely during house removals.
If a home survey cannot take place we will use information supplied by you to determine the necessary size, this is all dependent on the accuracy of your information so please be truthful.
Reliable Removals has a total of 15 vehicles, including the economical 3.5-ton Luton vans and 18 Ton removals lorry suitable for very large 5-bedroom house that are the perfect vehicle to make house removals run like clockwork.
Will I Need to Organise Parking for the Removals Vehicle?
To ensure house removals go as efficiently as possible we recommend organising parking ahead of schedule. So, if it is difficult to park directly outside your property you will need to get in touch with your local council to organise a parking space for the removals vehicle.
For enquiries about the size of the removals vehicle and room required to park, just contact us and we will provide the necessary information. If there are any parking fines incurred on the day of your house removal we will have to add it to your bill.
Can I Accompany You in the Removals Vehicle?
Unfortunately, it is not likely we will have room in the removals vehicle for you as our teams consist of two or more people in order to carry out house removals as quickly as possible.
Where can I get boxes from? Do you provide them?
Many retailers such as Ikea and Staples sell both boxes and moving packages which includes boxes and bubble wrap. If you’re on the hunt for a good deal try asking your local supermarket if they have any boxes they plan on throwing away as you might get these for free! However, we recommend using these boxes for non-breakable items and sealing them with care to avoid breakages during the move.
What Items Cannot be Transported in the Home Move?
We cannot transport any gases or flammable liquids in any container. Additionally, paint and oil are also not allowed as there is the possibility they can leak and damage your other items, this also applies to food and drink which carry the same risk. Further items that cannot be submitted for house removals for legal reasons include ammunition, drugs and firearms. For more information and details on excluded goods please contact us.
Can You Transport My High Value Items Such as Pianos, Fine Art and Antiques?
Yes, we would be happy to help you move these valuable items safely and securely, with a wealth of experience in house removals under our belt, we are as comfortable moving them across the UK as we are transporting them overseas.
Can you disconnect and reconnect washing and/or drying machines for me?
Yes! Our removals team disconnects and reconnects for the majority of appliances for you, this service is included within the original price quoted. We are unable to disconnect gas cookers and a couple of other appliances so please double check any queries with your surveyor prior to the removal date.
Will You Dismantle and Reassemble My Furniture?
All your furniture will need to be dismantled prior to the house removal date unless it is agreed upon in your quote. If this is the case our staff will disassemble all the required furniture for you. In order for us to prepare you will need to confirm this service when we are putting together your quote, this cannot be requested on the day of house removals.
What to do with rubbish when moving
When moving house, you may be surprised as to how much hazardous materials you may have accumulated.
Batteries – commonly you can now dispose of at your local large supermarket
Find your nearest hazardous waste disposal site for the following:
- Boxes of paint
- Cleaning products containing bleach
- Fluorescent tubes
- White goods (e.g. refrigerators)
For disposing of various household items , we recommend you check out recycle-more’s very useful “what to do with..” recommendations
Packing Tips for Moving House
1. De-clutter – why schlep unused items? Sell them online, give to charity and recycle (find your nearest recycling centre via recycle-more).
2. Pack early – as a very rough guide anticipate two months for a average family home and one month for a flat.
3. Essentials – Prepare a box of essentials such as utensils, toiletries, instruction manuals or even celebratory champagne, to transport in your own car.
4. A room at a time – this will help you stay organised, give an indication of what removals vehicle you require.
5. 20lb – try and limit each box weight to circa 20 Lb so no one breaks their back and to ensure the box can take the weight.
6. Save time and use wardrobe boxes for your clothes.
7. Gaps – Fill empty gaps with newspaper to protect items.
8. Label – Label your boxes (on the sides) and color code for each room.
How to Cut Moving Costs and Expenses
1. Packing – Do all, or some packing yourself this minimises the hours required from our removals team
2. Move mid-week and avoid Friday – Why should Friday be avoided? Friday seems like it would be the ideal moving day as it gives you the weekend to settle into your new place without having to take additional time off work but in reality it is the worst day of the week to move. Additional fees apply on Fridays and if any problems or delays arise they will not be dealt with until Monday and additional fees may subsequently occur.
3. Try and avoid peak moving season (April – September)
4. Pack and plan well – impeccable organisation will avoid costly mistakes and minimise the time spent required by our removals team.
5. Declutter – there is no point paying to move objects that you wont use again.
6. If you can, avoid being taxed! If you’re moving because you have been offered a new full-time job and your new home is at least 50 miles from your previous home you can deduct the cost of transporting, storing and packing your household goods from the next year’s tax return.