Moving home is often considered as one of life’s most stressful ventures, but you can alleviate a lot of the pressure by choosing the right home removals service. You may only move home once or twice in your lifetime –
we are moving homes every day! That’s why we believe Reliable Removals & Storage Ltd are the right choice for you.
Our house removals team provide a personal, flexible and quality home moving service across London, Essex, Kent, Bournemouth, Gravesend, Dorset, Maidstone, Medway & Swale. Our easy quotation system beforehand to a courtesy call before the big day, we make sure you know exactly what’s coming and when.
Our pledge to you: you will receive a personal service, your possessions will be handled with love and, if you find a better price, well match it!
Our House Removals Coverage:
House Removals London
Our house removals London service covers:
Barking and Dagenham
City of Westminster
Hammersmith and Fulham
Kensington and Chelsea
Kingston upon Thames
Richmond upon Thames
Call us and get a free London house removals quote: 0203-915-6707
House Removals Kent
Our house removals Kent service covers:
New Ash Green
House Removals Swale
Our house removals Swale service covers:
Call us and get a free Swale house removals quote: 01795-250-035
House Removals Medway
Our house removals Medway service covers:
Call us and get a free Medway house removals quote: 01634-365-822
House Removals Dorset
Our Dorset & Bournemouth house removals service covers:
Call us and get a free Bournemouth house removals quote: 01202-879-353
Call us today to arrange a free, no-obligation survey
£ GET A HOUSE REMOVALS QUOTE
STEP 1: CALL US
STEP 2: THE HOME VISIT
STEP 3: DATE IN THE DAIRY
STEP 4: OPTIONAL EXTRAS
STEP 5: THE LOAD-UP
STEP 6: THE UNLOAD
STEP 7: ENJOY YOUR HOME
Our House Removals FAQs – Transportation:
How Much Notice is Required For a House Removal?
It is always best if you can give as much notice as possible. On average, Reliable Removals and Storage vehicles are booked at least 7-14 days before the day they are required for house removals, this gives us time to prepare to ensure your move goes smoothly.
Cancellation charges can apply so please do not book your house removals until your sale is confirmed and your move is certain.
What Will be the Size of My Removals Crew?
What Size of Removals Vehicles are in your Fleet?
Our fleet of removals vehicles comprise:
- Man and Van – the smallest of our removals vehicles and is suitable for studio flat and flat-share moves
- Luton Van – is the largest of our vans and suitable for 2 bedroom house / flat moves
- 7.5 ton removals lorry – the 7.5 ton lorry is the king of the removals world and suitable for 3 to 4-bedroom house.
- 18 ton removals lorry – is the biggest lorry of the removals world and is ideal for a large family house move.
How Do I Know What Size of Removals Vehicle I Will Need?
The size of the removals vehicle is decided by us, we will always designate the perfect removals vehicle to suit your requirements so you don’t have to worry. To ensure your vehicle is the correct size we do a home survey of your home; taking into account quantity, size, and height of your items, so we have the appropriate van needed to transfer them safely during house removals.
If a home survey cannot take place we will use information supplied by you to determine the necessary size, this is all dependent on the accuracy of your information so please be truthful.
Reliable Removals has a total of 15 vehicles, including the economical 3.5-ton Luton vans and 18 Ton removals lorry suitable for very large 5-bedroom house that are the perfect vehicle to make house removals run like clockwork.
Why Not Just Hire A Man with A Van?
You could do this but there are certain factors to consider such as insurance and reliability, for example can you be sure they will definitely be there and on time? There needs to be a level of accountability that you can depend on.
With almost 25 years of experience, Reliable Removals knows the correct procedures for efficient and smooth-running house removals and will try their best to make sure they are on time. In our fleet of removals vehicles we offer a man and van service with a loading capacity of 8 to 14 m3 and a larger Luton van.
What If One Removals Vehicle Is Not Sufficient?
We make sure to assign a removals vehicle with the correct capacity for your items, but if there is ever an instance where one vehicle does not suffice we will use a second one if it is available. Alternatively, we can also make a second trip after unloading at your desired delivery address to pick up everything else.
Our skilled removals crew always work quickly to make sure all your goods are moved safely and in their entirety for stress-free house removals.
Can I Accompany You in the Removals Vehicle?
Is it Possible to Move House on Weekends and Bank Holidays?
Will I Need to Organise Parking for the Removals Vehicle?
To ensure house removals go as efficiently as possible we recommend organising parking ahead of schedule. So, if it is difficult to park directly outside your property you will need to get in touch with your local council to organise a parking space for the removals vehicle.
For enquiries about the size of the removals vehicle and room required to park, just contact us and we will provide the necessary information. If there are any parking fines incurred on the day of your house removal we will have to add it to your bill.
Are you Able to Park Your Removals Lorry on a Yellow Line When Loading?
Will You Be Able to Organise the Parking?
What Time Should I Expect the Removals Vehicle?
How Long Do House Removals Take?
How Long Will the Transport Take?
Our Top Packing Tips When Moving House
1. Declutter – why schlep unused items? Sell them online, give to charity and recycle (find your nearest recycling centre via recycle-more).
2. Pack early – as a very rough guide anticipate two months for a average family home and a month for a flat.
3. Essentials – Prepare a box of essentials comprising e.g utensils, toiletries, instruction manuals… champagne and transport in your own car.
4. A room at a time – this will help you stay organised, give an indication of what removals vehicle you require.
5. 20lb – try and limit each box weight to circa 20 Lb so no one breaks their back and, ensure the box can take the weight.
7. Gaps – Fill empty gaps with newspaper to protect items.
8. Label – Label your boxes (on the sides of the boxes) and color code for each room.
Our House Removals FAQs – Moving Items:
What Items Cannot be Transported in the Home Move?
Can You Transport My High Value Items Such as Pianos, Fine Art and Antiques?
Can I do my own packing?
Can I use standard boxes for packing my possessions?
What size are removal boxes?
Where can I get boxes from? Do you provide them?
Will You Dismantle and Reassemble My Furniture?
Can we disconnect and reconnect washing and/or drying machines for you?
Do I need to empty out the fridge and freezer prior to moving?
Will you empty my loft?
How big is a storage container?
When moving home how to dispose off…
When moving house, you may be surprised as to how much hazardous materials you may have accumulated.
Batteries – commonly you can now dispose of at your local large supermarket
Find your nearest hazardous waste disposal site for the following:
- Boxes of paint
- Cleaning products containing bleach
- Fluorescent tubes
- White goods (e.g. refrigerators)
For disposing of various household items , we recommend you check out recycle-more’s very useful “what to do with..” recommendations
Our House Removals FAQs – Payment:
How do I pay for my removal?
Do I have to pay VAT?
What happens if I go over the hours agreed?
What if I need to change my removal date?
What do I do if I need to cancel the removal service?
What happens if there is a breakage during the move?
Are my items insured?
Moving Home From / To…
What are the best ways to cut costs when moving?
1. Packing – Do all, or some packing yourself this minimises the hours required from our removals team
2. Move mid-week and avoid Friday – Why should Friday be avoided? Friday seems like it would be the ideal moving day as it gives you the weekend to settle into your new place without having to take additional time off work but in reality it is the worst day of the week to move. Additional fees apply on Fridays and if any problems or delays arise they will not be dealt with until Monday and additional fees may subsequently occur.
3. Try and avoid peak moving season (April – September)
4. Pack and plan well – impeccable organisation will avoid costly mistakes and minimise the time spent required by our removals team.
5. Declutter – there is no point paying to move objects that you wont use again.
6. If you can, avoid being taxed! If you’re moving because you have been offered a new full-time job and your new home is at least 50 miles from your previous home you can deduct the cost of transporting, storing and packing your household goods from the next year’s tax return.